There’s a huge difference between creating content to fulfill your required posts per week and content that is created to be valuable, keyword driven and shareable to the viewer. Cranking out multiple posts for the sake of posting will not generate the quality views, SEO and search rankings that all digital marketing campaigns should be striving for.
The S.U.C.C.E.S. model from Made to Stick:
- Simple. In the world of content, less is more. Determine your core message, then communicate it in the most simple process.
- Unexpected. If you’re not riling the birds’ feathers who’re flying in a V, your not writing unexpected material. Unexpected material gets attention, often by violating a current schema. We believe in violating the status-quo to capture attention.
- Concrete. Use sensory language to be concrete. Paint a mental picture in the minds of your audience.
- Credible. Using data? Give advice? It better come from the experts.
- Emotional. People care about people, not numbers. Evoke emotion by speaking a language pertinent to your audience.
- Tells Stories. Storytelling is the causal effect of evoking emotion.